- What personal information do we collect from you?
- How is your personal information processed, stored and kept secure?
- How do we use your personal information?
- Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
- Are there any age restrictions on supplying personal information to us?
- How long will we keep your personal information?
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Access to personal information and keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date
- Social media
- How to contact us
1. What personal information do we collect from you?
- What is personal information? Personal information is any information that allows someone to identify you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address, as well as any information about you that is associated with or linked to, or could be linked to, any of the foregoing data.
- Your personal information is collected when you register or fill in a form on our Website, contact Budapest Local, or complete a form in any of our publications which may relate, for example, to subscriptions, free Budapest Guides, tours and activities, competitions, offers and promotions. The information you give us may include your name, email, phone number, your arrival date to Budapest, tour(s) and/or activities you’re interested in.
- Personal information that is provided by you will only be used for the purpose for which it is provided, unless you are informed otherwise at the time of giving the information.
- Budapest Local will from time to time collect information from you for the purpose of creating de-personalized data that does not reveal your identity. This information is only used in de-personalized form and is not connected to any name, address or other personal identifying information.
2. How is your information processed, stored and kept secure?
- Your personal information may be processed in Hungary. When you submit your details in whichever country you are situated, you agree to the information being processed in Hungary.
- The Website and our server, wherever they are based, have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to protect against unauthorized or unlawful use of your personal information as well as the accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal information whilst under our control.
- However no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
3. How do we use your personal information?
- Budapest Local processes personal information for the following purposes:
- communicating with you about goods, products and/or services that you have requested or that you might be interested in based on the information you provided on our website;
- monitoring, developing and improving the Website, our services and your experience;
- providing a personalized service;
- providing you with information about our business partners’ products and services where you have provided your consent. You will always be able to opt-out or unsubscribe from these messages;
- send out email alerts you have agreed to receive. You will always be able to unsubscribe from these messages;
- processing and dealing with any complaints or enquiries made by you or legally on your behalf;
- we may also be required to disclose your personal information to authorities who can request this information by law that is binding on Budapest Local, for instance for the prevention and detection of crime, the capture or prosecution of offenders and the assessment or collection of taxes; and
- other purposes related to any of the above.
4. Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
- We may disclose your personal information to partners of Budapest Local who supply services to you on behalf of Budapest Local and who need to process personal information in the provision of such services. When you request goods and services from Budapest Local, you are consenting to the disclosure of your personal information to Budapest Local’s partners who may provide such goods and services under contract and guarantee to our satisfaction that they have sufficiently robust processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information whilst it is in their care.
- We may disclose depersonalized data (such as aggregated statistics) about the users of our Website in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- Under certain circumstances we may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- in the administration of justice;
- where we have to defend ourselves legally;
- in complying with the mandatory requirements of a government department collecting information; and
- to protect or defend the rights or property of Budapest Local or users of our services.
- Other than this, Budapest Local will not disclose any of your personal information to any other third parties without your consent.
5. Are there any age restrictions on supplying personal information to us?
No, there is no age restrictions on supplying personal information to us.
6. How long will we keep your personal information?
- If you fill out a form to sign up for one of our recommended tours and/or activities (experiences), we will hold your personal information until the date of the experience(s).
- If you sign up for our Newsletter, we will hold your personal information until you unsubscribe from the email list.
- If you sign up for our free guide(s) and/or request a custom itinerary, and you provide your arrival date to Budapest, we’ll automatically unsubscribe you from the list 2 weeks after the date you specified in the form. If you don’t provide us with the information of your arrival date, we will not unsubscribe you from the list, but of course, you can unsubscribe at any time.
- If you contact Budapest Local through one of our contact forms, we will store your data indefinitely unless you ask us to delete your data.
7. Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
- We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration as part of our audit trail process.
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. You are not obliged to accept cookies and you can adjust your browser’s setting to prevent it from accepting cookies on your computer – go to www.allaboutcookies.org for instructions on how to disable cookies. However, please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of our Website if you do so.
- Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they can be used to store information which may identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify users and passwords and credit card information are not stored in cookies.
- Our Websites use two main types of cookies:
- Per-session cookies. We only use these whilst you are visiting our website and they are deleted when you leave. They remember you as you move between pages and they also help maintain security.
- Persistent cookies. These cookies stay on your computer until they expire or are deleted. We set automatic deletion dates so that we do not keep your information for longer than we need to.
- Gather customer journey information across our site and fulfill any of your requests;
- Ensure your privacy when you visit our secure site;
- Store details of your marketing preferences to improve and enhance your visit to our sites;
- Evaluate our site’s advertising and promotional effectiveness – all information is anonymized and we do not share it with anyone;
- Remember settings you have applied to a Website such as layout, font size, preferences, colors etc.;
- Detect if a service has already been offered to you so that we do not ask you again.
__utmz by Google
|Budapest Local Website||Budapest Local uses Google Analytics, which sets a cookie in order to anonymously identify when users return to specific websites.
Google uses the information sent with this cookie to store a history of website pages visited in a user’s session. This data will not be used to associate any part of your identity, anonymous or not, with any other data held by Google.
Further information about how to opt-out of this cookie can be found at
|Facebook Like Button cookies||facebook.com||When you create or log in to an account on https://www.facebook.com cookies are stored on your computer in order to remain logged-in to your facebook account when visiting https://www.facebook.com again. The Facebook Share Button used on our Website is hosted by Facebook and your browser therefore sends this cookie data to Facebook when creating the button inside your browser. This data is used by Facebook in order to associate the Facebook Share Button with your Facebook account. This information is not accessible to us, and is not sent to us by Facebook.
|Twitter Share Button||twitter.com||When you create or log in to an account on https://www.twitter.com cookies are stored on your computer in order to remain logged-in to your twitter account when visiting https://www.twitter.com again. The Twitter Share
Button used on our Website is hosted by https://www.twitter.com and your browser therefore sends this cookie data to Twitter when creating the button inside your browser. This data is used by Twitter in order to associate the Twitter Share Button with your Twitter account. This data is not accessible to us, and is not sent to us by Twitter.
|Advertisement Cookie||Any||From time to time, advertisers may include digital assets, which set cookies on an advertiser’s domain or on the domain of our Website. These cookies will only store anonymous information about your interaction with a specific advert and will not be used to personally identify you.
You may find out more information, including how to opt-out of these cookies being set in your browser by visiting
8. Access to personal information and keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- You are entitled to see the information we hold about you. If you wish to access the personal information held by us, you should contact us in writing using the information provided below.
- If we are legally able, we will provide you with copies of all the personal information we hold about you. We are also obliged to request that you provide us with identification so that we can be certain that you are entitled to receive the requested data.
- Please help us to keep our records of your personal information up-to-date by notifying us of any changes or corrections to the personal information we hold about you.
- We store your information in ActiveCampaign and you decide to share you personal information with us, you will be guaranteed the following rights:
- Right to rectification – You’re able to edit account information at any time through your ActiveCampaign account settings. You can also reach out to us directly to edit or update your information.
- Right to be forgotten – You may unsubscribe at any time. After receiving a request to be forgotten, we will permanently delete your personal information and all data associated with it within 30 days of receiving the request.
- Right of portability – If requested, we will export your data so it can be transferred to a third party.
- Right to object – At any time, you may object (via opt out) to your personal data being used for specific purposes such as direct marketing, research, etc.
- Right of access – We’re transparent about the data we have and how we use it. You can contact us at any time at email@example.com if you’d like to access or edit your data or if you have any questions about your data and how we’re using it.
9. Social Media
- Social networking sites, such as Facebook, among others, work with us as trusted third party partners. We also work with application developers who specialize in social media, so that we can connect with your social networks. We provide access to our Website for third parties and business partners so that we can generate interest in our products and services among members of your social networks and to allow you to share content and service interests with friends in your network.
- We do not control how your personal information is collected, stored or used by such third party sites or to whom it is disclosed. You should review the privacy policies and settings on any social networking site that you subscribe to so that you understand the information they may be sharing. If you do not want your networking sites to share information about you, you must contact that site and determine whether it gives you the opportunity to opt-out of sharing such information. Budapest Local is not responsible for how these third party sites may use information collected from or about you.