Last year was so much fun, let’s do it again. After a successful inaugural BPBW festival in 2018, BPBW Beer Week in Budapest is back for 2019 and it is jam-packed with more beer, more bands and more excitement.
This time around, festival participants will have the opportunity to try beers from 60 breweries from around the world during the two day tasting sessions on May 24 and 25. And what a beer line-up they have. From Colorado’s Left Hand Brewing Company, to TotenHopfen from Luxembourg and 8 Wired Brewing coming all the way from New Zealand, this is truly an extraordinary opportunity for beer lovers to try some of the best craft beers around (including the 11 Hungarian breweries present). There will be something for everyone.
As this is a week-long festival, there will be events leading up to the main tasting sessions on the weekend. Warm yourself up by checking out some of these tap takeovers around Budapest during the week:
Monday 20 May
- Stu Mostów (PL) Tap Takeover @ Hedon Bazilika Taproom
- Omnipollo (SWE) Tap Takeover @ HOPS Beer Bar
- Zichovec (CZ) Tap Takeover @ Hetedik Lépcső
Tuesday 21 May
- Never go ALL IN (SWE) Meet The Brewer + Tap Takeover with All In Brewing, Beerbliotek, Dugges, Poppels, & Stigbergets @ Hopaholic
- Iberian Delight Tap Takeover with Edge & Dois Covos @ Bölcső Bar
- Berliner Vice Meet the organizer with Berlin Beer Week @ KEG Sörművház
- Made in Italy Tap Takevoer with Baladin & Ritual Lab @ Kandalló
Wednesday 22 May
- Colorful Colorado (USA) Meet The Brewer + Tap Takeover with Left Hand, WeldWerks, & Crooked Stave @ Jónás Craft Beer House
- BrewDog + BrewDog OverWorks (Scotland, UK) Meet The Brewer + Tap Takeover @ BrewDog Bar Budapest
- Norwegian Black Meet The Brewer + Tap Takeover with Lervig, Austmann, Crow @ First Craft Beer & BBQ
- Pop-up beer dinner @ Beerganika
Thursday 23 May
- BPBW 2019 Professional Day @ Neked Csak Dezső | Closed Event
- Craft Save the Queen UK Tap Takover & Meet the brewers with Brew By Numbers, BrewDog, Magic Rock, North Brewing Co., BrewDog OverWorks, Siren Craft Brew @ BrewDog Bar Budapest
- Chaos and Loathing from The Netherlands Meet The Brewers + Tap Takeover with De Moersleutel, Frontaal, Uiltje @ Hopaholic
- Zagovor Brewery (MOS) meet the brewer & tap takeover @ KEG Sörművház
- BPBW 2019 Official Opening Party @ Neked Csak Dezső | Closed event until 21:00! Tap takover with Finback, Crooked Stave, Pipeworks, 18th Street
- Põhjala Brewery (Estonia) Meet The Brewer + Tap Takeover @ HOPS Beer Bar
Friday 24 May
- Headline event Tasting Sessions – Day #1
Saturday 25 May
- Headline event Tasting Sessions – Day #2
Sunday 26 May
- Headline event BPBW Encore Session | Day #3 – THE ESSENTIALS OF BEERS FROM THE FRIDAY-SATURDAY TASTING SESSIONS (What’s Left)
Did you get all that? So the challenge now is to see how many tap takeover events you an hit before the Tasting Sessions. Have a fun week Budapest.
Budapest Craft Beer Tour
3 hours 79 USD
Discover Budapest’s exciting Craft Beer scene with a local homebrewer and other beer
Budapest Craft Beer Tasting
2 hours 54 USD
Get a taste of the best Hungarian craft beers while learning about the city’s latest craft beer revolution.
Ruin Pubs, Street Art & Cool Spots
3 hours 45 EUR
Explore street art, art galleries, ruin bars and more in Budapest’s Jewish district.